The other day, I came across a recipe that called for only three ingredients: one cup of Nutella, one cup of flour and one egg, that would supposedly produce delicious Nutella cookies. Naturally, a recipe that easy lead me to try it straight away and I have to say, the result was rather interesting… It was similar to a cookie but not really a cookie in terms of taste and texture. However, since it was such a great concept, I decided to try the recipe once more and the results were definitely much better! Much better, in fact, that I have decided to share this superbly easy edited cookie recipe that takes significantly less time and effort to make than any other typical cookie!
What I like about these cookies as well is that they are almost completely foolproof and do not even need any special equipment which make them great for baking newbies. In fact, if I had known about this recipe as a child, I am sure that I would have loved making it as you can really get stuck in, blending the ingredients and shaping them into cookies. In terms of how I varied the recipe, however, I made sure that I kept the measurement of Nutella constant but decided to reduce the quantity of flour as I felt that it had previously made the cookie quite dry and bland by masking its taste. To give the cookie some extra flavour I also decided to add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar to the mix, in order to make it a little sweeter. So, effectively, it did become a five ingredient Nutella cookie, but the modifications are definitely worth it!
If making the cookies make sure that your dough is about the same consistency of normal cookie dough, so if it is a little bit too wet add up to two tablespoons more of flour till you reach the right consistency. One thing you could also do with these cookies is perhaps add some chocolate chips or nuts into the mixture which could also work really well.
I hope you like this idea and if you give it a try please feel free to leave a comment and tell me how it went as I would love to know! Thank you for stopping by!
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1/2 cup flour (add one or two tbsp more if your mixture is a bit too wet)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer (or by hand with a wooden spoon) until well combined. Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes roll dough into approximately 2cm sized balls, place on an ungreased baking sheet at least five centimetres apart and bake for 8-10 minutes until still slightly soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for a few minutes until cookies are set, then very carefully transfer to a wire rack. Leave to cool and enjoy!